Join Dykes With Drills at Rebuilding Exchange! In this workshop we will review tool safety and best practices, then guide you in building a two-tiered mid-century modern plant stand. The dimensions of the plant stand are 10″ long x 10″ wide x 20″ tall. Plant stand can hold a pot with with a base up to a 10″ diameter. If you buy a Couples Ticket, then one plant stand will be made by the couple.
Note: If the ticket type you want is not available, we may be able to accommodate! Email email@example.com to ask.
STUDENT SAFETY DURING COVID
Your safety is our highest priority at Rebuilding Exchange, so we have put safety protocols in place for all of our in-person workshops to keep everyone safe. Those protocols are:
- Reduced class sizes (no more than 6 participants per class).
- All instructors, assistants, and participants will be required to wear masks while attending workshops (we do not have enough masks to provide to everyone, so you will be required to provide your own mask).
- Instructors and participants may be required to have their temperature taken (using a touchless thermometer) prior to the start of the class.
- Social distancing will be implemented when possible and appropriate.
- Breaks will be provided during the class for handwashing.
- Everyone should follow recommended safety precautions, such as coughing into your elbow and refraining from touching their face.
- All of the tools, equipment, door handles, cabinet and drawer handles, etc. that are touched will be disinfected both before and after the workshop.
Need financial aid? Ask us! We want to make sure this event is accessible to you and prioritize aid to POC attendees.
Do you want to donate to make this workshop available to those who can’t afford it? Talk with us!
WHO WE ARE:
We call ourselves Dykes With Drills. By using the word “dyke”, we reclaim it from its history of oppression and exclusion. By using drills and other tools, we build communities of diversity and inclusion. Our community of builders includes people of all sexualities and genders, including those who are non-conforming, transgender, and allies.
Our mission is to empower our community with the tools to build. By hosting tools workshops, volunteer events, job referrals and meet-ups, we cultivate opportunities for individuals to connect with each other and to use power tools. In everything we do, we foster safe, inclusive, non-judgmental spaces for learning and teaching.
Dykes with Drills workshops are committed to 4 goals:
1. Giving people independence and confidence when using power tools
2. Creating communities of people through project based collaboration
3. Learning from our mistakes
4. Accessibility both financially & physically
If you want more information or to get in contact with us directly, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
- All workshops are 18+; no woodworking experience necessary;
- If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule;
- If you are unable to attend your one-time workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts. If you are unable to make your series class, email us one week before the class starts;
- Materials are included in the fee for the workshop; and
- One couple’s ticket allows for two people to make one item together.