You are invited to the opening reception of FLXST Contemporary’s second summer group show. FLXST Contemporary is delighted to exhibit the work of five contemporary emerging artists of color for the gallery’s second Summer 2020 group show entitled “Material Intentions.” Working across photography, mixed-media, textile arts, and site-specific installation, the group show brings together artists whose work draws attention to the particularities of artistic processes, the socio-cultural import of the materiality of their works, and the critiques that they might offer during this frenetic contemporary moment. The material intentions of the artists are deliberately striking and unapologetic in their references back to the corporeal and psychic terrains of the artists and the spaces in which they inhabit. The artists in the show include Alexander Hernandez (San Francisco, CA), Renluka Maharaj (Boulder, CO), Noritaka Minami (Chicago, IL), Moises Salazar (Chicago, IL), and Cristina Victor (Montana).
* OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, August 1, 2020, 5:30-8pm (Face masks are required.)
* DURATION: August 2 – August 30, 2020
* GALLERY HOURS: Monday through Thursday from 10-3 pm and Sunday from 2-5 pm, or by appointment. Friday and Saturday by appointment only.
* WHERE: FLXST Contemporary, 2251 S. Michigan Ave. Suite 220, Chicago, IL 60616.
* MORE INFO: firstname.lastname@example.org and www.flxst.co
In light of the COVID pandemic, patrons are required to wear face masks and to socially distance in the gallery. There will be hand sanitizers for gallery patrons to use.
Image credit: Renluka Maharaj, “Those Who Eat The Cascadura” (detail), Archival photographic print, paint, rhinestones, glitter, nylon, 62”x42”, 2020. Courtesy of the artist.