Wabash Arts Corridor Tour
@ Columbia College Chicago
623 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60605
Opening Saturday, June 15th, from 11am - 12:30am
Wabash Arts Corridor Tours Return Summer 2019
Kicking off on June 15 and continuing through fall, the Wabash Arts Corridor is offering 90-minute tours of the WAC murals, led by professional, trained tour guides and public art enthusiasts.
About the tour:
Wabash Arts Corridor is the South Loop’s vibrant public arts program, known for murals, installations and happenings that transform the urban landscape. This tour is designed for locals and tourists alike, and for anyone who enjoys exploring art in urban areas. The tour will feature some of WAC’s most famous towering murals as well as hidden gems tucked away in alleys, revealing behind the scenes stories about how some of the most iconic murals came to be. The tour will introduce how Columbia College Chicago initiated the project, in partnership with the City of Chicago and hundreds of community members, neighborhood associations and businesses. Audiences will get immersed in this creative art scene and learn about the local, national and international artists who have helped grow this public art program into one of the largest urban collections in just 5 years.
$12 Students K-12 and current Columbia College students
Children 5 and under are free
PURCHASE TICKETS HERE: http://shop.colum.edu/brands/ticketed-events/
• Tours are 90 minutes and participants will walk about a mile.• All tours meet at 623 S. Wabash and will happen rain or shine. Tours conclude at 13th St. and Michigan Ave.
• All tickets are purchased online through ShopColumbia. There is a cap of 15 people per tour, so purchasing tickets in advance is highly recommended.
• The professionally-trained and enthusiastic tour guides are volunteers, with all ticket sale proceeds benefiting the Wabash Arts Corridor.
• The tour is wheelchair and stroller accessible and restrooms are available for tour participants in Columbia College buildings.
• The tour is family friendly.
• For groups larger than 10, please contact the Wabash Arts Corridor to arrange a tour at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Contact for all inquiries: email@example.com
Tours will run rain or shine. There are no refunds or exchanges for tour tickets. Wabash Arts Corridor reserves the right to cancel tours based on severe weather. In this instance, a WAC representative will contact you to reschedule your visit or issue a refund. Notification of cancellation will be sent via the email address provided.
« previous event
next event »