Buy local this holiday season! Vends + Vibes is a two-day winter marketplace of unique handmade products made primarily by South Side artists and creative entrepreneurs.
The 2017 Vends + Vibes will be held Saturday and Sunday, December 10–11 from 12–5pm. Enjoy sounds by DJs Duane Powell, Selah Say, Joe De Presser and AfroBang, and get your photo taken with Brother Nick. Creative activities for children and adults at four locations along historic Garfield Boulevard: Arts Incubator, BING Reading Room, Currency Exchange Café, and the KLEO Community Family Life Center.
You can begin your marketplace experience at the Arts Incubator, 301 E. Garfield Blvd.
Vends + Vibes is a family-friendly event featuring:
– Healthy Holiday food demonstrations by Pilot Light at the KLEO Community and Family Life Center
– Cocktail Demonstrations at BING Reading Room
– Free family photos with Brother Nick, Santa’s little brother, from 12–4pm on Saturday
– Holiday home movies screened by South Side Home Movies Project
– Artists-in-Residence Open Studios: Victoria Martinezv • Arif Smith • Brittney Leeanne Williams (A program of Arts + Public Life and the Center for the Study of Race, Politics, and Culture)
– Live holiday caroling on the Arts Block
– Gift Wrapping by A Social Life
A Maker and a Gentleman
A Versatile You
Adornamorphosis Jewelry by Ruby Pinto
Afro x Naut
Ayana Contreras Vintage
Better Belly, LLC
Big Mamas Kitchen Catering Chicago
Brown & Proud Press
David Anthony Art
Dawning Day Creations
Design Apprenticeship Program
Dr. Herbal’s Organic and Vegan Hair Care
ESO Shea Therapy
Fèhìntì by Moji Akinde
Felice Hutchings Stained Glass
ILAVA: It Can Be Done
J Rock’s Pop
KC Graphics Design
Kissed By A Bee Organics
Monica’s Images In Glass
Pink Lemonade Children Books
Reagan Sanai Natural Hair Essentials
Rhonda Gray Art
Tendaji Natural Body Oils
Triple A Gourmet Treats, LLC
Twisted Rose Metal
Urban Soul Apparel and Lifestyle Co. LLC
For more information, visit www.vendsandvibes.com.
Vends + Vibes is presented by Arts + Public Life at the University of Chicago, in partnership with the Currency Exchange Café, BING Reading Room, Elevated Chicago, The KLEO Community Family Life Center, Pilot Light Chefs, and SPARCC.
This event is wheelchair accessible. Persons with disabilities who need an accommodation in order to participate in these events should contact Arts + Public Life for assistance at 773.702.9724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.