Vends + Vibes: An Arts Marketplace is a two-day, one-block-long boutique winter marketplace of handmade crafts and unique productions by primarily South Side artists and creative entrepreneurs, soundtracked by local DJs and featuring creative activities for children and adults.
The 2016 Vends + Vibes will be held Saturday and Sunday, December 10–11 from 1–5pm on the UChicago Arts Block. You can begin your marketplace experience at the Arts Incubator, 301 E. Garfield Blvd.
Vends + Vibes is a family-friendly event that will feature:
– Curated, block-long marketplace of artists and makers offering unique, one-of-a-kind wares
– Live sets by Chicago DJs Rae Chardonnay and Jo de Presser
– Artist-led activities for kids, families, and the young at heart
– Winter-friendly drink and menu specials at the Currency Exchange Café and BING
– Open studios of the Arts + Public Life/Center for the Study of Race, Politics and Culture Artists-in-Residence
– A visit from Brother Nick, Santa’s younger brother, on Saturday from 1-4pm
– A Kids Korner makerspace in the Holiday Woodshop on Sunday from 1-4pm
– Customized poetry by Rebirth Poetry Ensemble
– Live caroling on the Arts Block, with The Non-Denominational Caroling Project
bathe (a soap company)
BELLA BENDS JEWELRY
Dawning Day Creations
Fèhìntì by Moji Akinde
Give Us A Kiss
ILAVA: IT CAN BE DONE
J-Rock’s Pop Gourmet Vegan Popcorn
Kristena Witherspoon Designs
Lavenderpop Greeting Cards
Limba Gal Jewelry
Mindful Indulgences LLC
Never Doubt Just Fly Clothing Co. (NDJF)
Passports and Purpose
S.I.S.T.E.R.S. Inc. Leadership Program
Twisted Rose Metal
Vends + Vibes is presented by Arts + Public Life at the University of Chicago, in partnership with the Currency Exchange Café and BING Reading Room.
This event is wheelchair accessible. Persons with disabilities who need an accommodation in order to participate in these events should contact Arts + Public Life for assistance at 773.702.9724 or email@example.com.