Jun 29th 2022
Social Justice Sewing Circle with Dr. Melissa Blount
@ Evanston Art Center
1717 Central St, Evanston, IL 60201
Opening Wednesday, June 29th, at 7PM
On view through Thursday, June 30th
Come to Social Justice Sewing Circle with Dr. Melissa Blount
Wednesday, June 29, June 29, 7p.
RSVP here, space is limited to 30 people max.
About the exhibition
The Evanston Made BIPOC Members Group Show at Evanston Art Center features contemporary art works across several mediums. The exhibit is on display June 3 – 30, and will host public programming throughout the month.
Curated by Artist and Community Activist Fran Joy, this exhibit highlights the work of people in the community who identify at Black, Indegenous or People of Color.
Special events include:
- Reflecting the Times with Dr. Melissa Blount, Wednesday, June 8, 7p, RSVP here
- Shades & Textures: Experience Black Comic Book Creators Then and Now with Terrence Gant of Third Coast Comics, Thursday, June 9, 7p. RSVP here
- Curator’s Tour & Talk, Thursday, June 16, 7p. RSVP here
- Black Representation within American Media w Joyy Norris, Thursday, June 23, 7p, RSVP here
- Black Family Legacy and Art with artist Yeefah Thurman, Saturday, June 25, 1p. RSVP here
- Social Justice Sewing Circle with Dr. Melissa Blount, Wednesday, June 29, June 29, 7p. RSVP here, space is limited to 30 people max.
Evanston Art Center
1717 Central Street, Evanston, IL
MON-THURS: 9 am – 10 pm
FRI: 9 am – 6 pm
SAT & SUN: 9 am – 4 pm
Visit evanstonmade.org for more information
« previous event
next event »