The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago checks in with us to celebrate the opening of “Duro Olowu: Seeing Chicago,” the newest fourth-floor exhibition guest-curated by the multicultural fashion designer, Duro Olowu.
Known in the fashion world for his unique fabrics and evocative patterns, we’re honoring the occasion with a Duro-inspired, pattern-focused clothing swap. To participate, bring a bag of items in and take a new bag out, transforming your wardrobe with a second look.
How to participate:
– Bring patterned or printed clothes, shoes, or accessories to add to the collection
– Clothing should be clean and gently used (no rips, stains, broken zippers, etc.)
– Swapping is simple: everything is fair game and anything left over will be donated to local clothing donation centers.
Tips & Tricks
– The first 75 guests to arrive will receive an MCA tote bag
– Come early and get first dibs!
Swapping is complimentary with RSVP at: https://chicagoathleticevents.com/tc-events/clothing-swap-with-the-mca/
This event will be held inside our Parson’s Chicken & Fish Pop-Up located in The Tank on the ground floor of our hotel. Drinks and bites available for purchase.
MCA Checks In
The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago and the Chicago Athletic Association hotel are proud to announce their on-going partnership. Throughout the year, the MCA will Check In—and extend its campus to the Chicago Athletic Association hotel for art-inspired events crafted for Chicago’s culture lovers. Guests can also view a “Duro Olowu Seeing Chicago” inspired installation in the Milk Room Fine Art Case located in the hotel lobby on the second floor, beginning March 17.