Opening Saturday, October 6th, from 1PM - 2:30PM
On view through Saturday, October 13th
In honor of the city’s 125th Anniversary celebration of the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair, historian, Sally Kalmbach, will treat you to tales about the famous Gold Coast residents and architects who designed buildings for the White City, as well as grand Gold Coast residences, including Richard Morris Hunt, S.S. Beman, Charles McKim, Henry Ives Cobb and Louis Sullivan.
– The tour takes place offsite. Please meet at the southeast corner of Astor & Schiller (in front of the Charnley-Persky House).
– Tour duration: Approximately 2 hours Distance: About 1 mile
– Please wear sturdy and comfortable walking shoes.
– We will be walking outside, on city streets, and through old buildings. Be prepared to encounter stairs, gravel walkways, uneven and possibly wet surfaces.
– This tour will happen rain or shine. Please plan for umbrellas and sunscreen accordingly.
– This tour ends offsite at Three Arts Club in Restoration Hardware.
Image: Golden Door of Transporation Building, Architect Louis Sullivan. Built for the Chicago World’s Fair of 1893 (no longer standing).