Chicago Filmmakers invites you to join us in celebrating the opening of our new home, a 1928 Chicago Historic Landmark firehouse purchased from the city of Chicago in 2016. After extensive renovations, Chicago Filmmakers has restored the retired firehouse and developed it into a new space that will be a vital cultural addition to the Edgewater community.
The event on Saturday, April 28th will begin with a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at 11am, emceed by Jeff Rogers and with the participation of 48th Ward Alderman Harry Osterman; Christine Dudley, Director of the Illinois Film Office; Rich Moskal, Director of the Chicago Film Office; Diane Quon, Producer and Chicago Filmmakers alum; Brenda Webb, Executive Director, Chicago Filmmakers; and Chicago Filmmakers’ Board President Sharon Zurek.
Additional expected VIPs and Chicago film community and industry guests include:
* Chris Stolte, starring actor in NBC’s Chicago Fire
* Elizabeth Morris, Unit Stills Photographer for NBC’s Chicago Fire
* Bob Teitel, Producer of Soul Food, the Barbershop film and television franchise, and Mudbound
* Steve Jones, Producer of Henry – Portrait of a Serial Killer, Mad Dog and Glory, The Harvest, and many others
* Bob Hercules, documentary filmmaker and co-owner of Media Process Group
* Keith Walker, Director of Photography and co-owner of Media Process Group
* Adele Friedman, independent/experimental filmmaker
* Ted Hardin, documentary filmmaker and faculty at Columbia College Chicago
* Judy Hoffman, documentary filmmaker and faculty at the University of Chicago
* Coquie Hughes, independent filmmaker
* Peter Kuttner, Director, Cinematographer, and Camera Operator and member of Kartemquin Films
* Jim Morrissette, Kartemquin Films
* Chris Peppey, independent filmmaker and industry professional
* Ines Sommer, documentary filmmaker, Associate Director, MFA in Documentary Media at Northwestern University
* May Tchao, documentary filmmaker
* Laurie Little, Luminist Films
* Amir George, Independent filmmaker and co-founder/curator of the Black Radical Imagination screening series
* Sharon Walker, General Manager, Panavision Chicago
* Thavary Krouch, Cultural Affairs Coordinator, Chicago Film Office
* Vivian Teng, Managing Director, Chicago International Film Festival
* Mimi Plauché, Artistic Director, Chicago International Film Festival
* Bryan Wendorf, Director, Chicago Underground Film Festival
* Kate Bowen, Museum of Contemporary Photography and ACRE artists’ residency
* Christy LeMaster, Director and Founder, The Nightingale
* Nancy Watrous and Brian Belak, Chicago Film Archives
* Dr. Eric Friedman, Dean of the School of Media Arts, Columbia College Chicago
* Gary Novak, Director of the School of Cinematic Arts, DePaul University
* Firefighters from Truck Company No. 47 and Engine Company No. 59
An Open House will immediately follow the ribbon cutting, with Chicago Filmmakers’ staff, board members, and instructors on hand to greet visitors and share information about Chicago Filmmakers’ programs. Musician, composer, and multi-instrumentalist Tukkiman will be performing his unique mix of Afro-Beat, World, Hip Hop, Reggae, and English Pop from 11:30am-12:30pm. Refreshments will be provided courtesy of Honest Foods Catering.
This is a FREE event open to all.